We are pleased to present to you the second episode of the Lawgically Speaking Series. We are honoured to host Mr. Alfonso Valero as a guest for this episode.
What are the Career Opportunities in Sports Law?
Topics Covered in this episode:
- An overview of the Sports law sector
- What is the kind of matters Sports Lawyers work on?
- What are the various career paths within sports organisations and private practice?
- What steps can a law student take to enter into the sports law sector?
- What are the challenges faced by sports lawyers?
- How much do Sports lawyers earn?
- What do you think makes a good sports lawyer?
Mr Alfonso Valero is a dispute resolution lawyer, qualified to practice in Australia, England and Wales and Spain. He is also an advisory board member for Legal Maxim.
Mr Alfonso is the Co-founder of LawInSport and a former law Principal lecturer and International manager at Nottingham Law School. He was also an external sports law lecturer at Birkbeck, University of London Law Society and Coventry University.
Mr Alfonso was a practising lawyer at Urbe Asesores (now Andersen Tax & Legal) and subsequently in Nockolds Solicitors, where he was the Head of the International and Sports Law department.
He specialises in the following fields-
✪ Cross-border disputes
✪ Sports Law (with particular focus on IP law)
✪ Hospitality sector
✪ EU law
Mr Alfonso holds an LLM in Comparative and International Dispute Resolution from Queen Mary University of London and arbitrator qualifications.